Manufacturing is vital to the economy of Greenville and Upstate South Carolina. Chandler Insurance is honored to partner with businesses throughout the Southeast and the U.S. to assist clients with their insurance needs. We help business owners find general liability insurance for manufacturers, business owner’s policies, commercial property insurance, and more to protect their manufacturing businesses.
Get a quote
Does my business need manufacturing insurance?
Manufacturers’ insurance protects business owners from property damage, equipment breakdown, customer liability, cyber problems, supplier losses and other problems that might arise in the facility, with labor and with the public. All manufacturing companies should carry insurance, and this type of coverage is especially suited for:
- Metals and plastic fabrication
- Canning and bottling facilities
- Computer and electronics manufacturing
- Textiles, apparel and clothing manufacturing
- Fabricators for all types
- Printers and publishers
- Food handling, packaging and meat packing facilities
- Tool and die manufacturers
Complete insurance coverage for manufacturing companies
Manufacturers and fabricators should carry various types of insurance to protect their business, its products, its equipment and its employees. Types of manufacturing insurance coverage include:
- Business Owner’s Policy: This policy is the overarching policy business owners need to fully protect the equipment, people and business they’ve built. BOPs combine the following coverage options to provide broad coverage for manufacturing facilities.
- General Liability Insurance for Manufacturers: This type of coverage respondes if your business is named in a lawsuit alleging certain actions. It will also respond in the event of a non-employee injury on the premises. It does not cover problems from professional services (that is covered by business liability insurance).
- Commercial Property/Equipment Breakdown: This coverage can cover breakdowns, malfunctions and problems with your building, contents including equipment, machinery and tools, whether you own or lease them.
- Business Income / Business Interruption Insurance: This coverage helps your business recover lost income due to interruptions from property damage, loss or other factors. Learn more about business interruption insurance.
- Cargo Insurance, including Marine Cargo Insurance: This important insurance can cover your products from damage, loss or theft when in transport, on cargo ships and in port. Different companies and regions have different types of protection for their goods, but cargo insurance can respond when your materials have yet to reach their destination whether that is to your location or that of your customers.
- Transportation Insurance: Like cargo insurance, this coverage protects your products when they’re being transported in any way, including by land, sea or air.
- Supply Chain Insurance: This type of coverage protects manufactured products and equipment from non-physical damage that disrupts the supply chain your products depend on. This may include business interruption, disruption or delays in tools you require, supplies, materials or anything that prevents your manufacturing business from operating.
Manufacturing insurance is an important part of running your business, so you need an independent agent to help you find coverage for your needs and budget. Contact Chandler Insurance today to find comprehensive manufacturing insurance for South Carolina and across the US.
Discuss Your Insurance Needs